30.6.10

Little Getaway

Friday, June 18, 2010

Matt planned a surprise weekend getaway for just the two of us. It was much needed after the stress of ending a school year. I didn't find out about the trip until about a week before, and when Matt told me I was very excited to get away with my husband and relax.

When we left on Friday, June 18th, I still didn't know where we were going, which was okay with me. I did know we had to leave a little early because we had to go to a funeral for Matt's aunt. After the funeral Matt's mom, brother and sister in law took Madison back to Matt's mom's house for the weekend. Penny and Perry were taking care of Madison for the weekend and of course they were very excited to spend lots of time loving and spoiling Madison.

When we got back on the road to head to our destination, Matt finally told me we were going to Mackinaw Island. I was excited and prepared myself for the long drive ahead. After we finally got to Mackinaw city, we started searching for a ferry. It actually took a little extra time to find one because of construction. We took the beautiful ferry ride to the island, then checked into our hotel and got ready for a relaxing weekend.

We had a wonderful time on Mackinaw Island shopping, eating and relaxing. We also rented bikes and rode all the way around the island. Matt and I had never done that before and it turned out to be the best part of our trip. On Saturday night, we were able to catch the fireworks over the lake, which were beautiful. On Sunday we left the island and returned to the "mainland". It was a fantastic getaway, but we both were SO HAPPY to see Madison again when we got to Grandma Penny's House!







Our Hotel



Followers