Madison's hair had grown in and was actually getting a little long in the back and in the front. The back was starting to look a bit like a mullet, which of course is every mother's worst nightmare, and her bangs were in her eyes most of the day because she wouldn't keep barrettes in her hair.
I was starting to wonder if I should get her hair cut. I went back and forth about it and asked friends, relatives, and even beauticians. Most of them agreed that she could get a little trim. So I reluctantly scheduled Madison's first haircut!
When we got to the salon and saw the stylist, she mentioned that she didn't know if Madison really needed a haircut. I told her that I wasn't sure either, but just couldn't decide. I was hoping that she would send us away if she felt that a cut would look funny. Well she didn't and instead she started cutting. She trimmed up the back and her bangs. She then "styled" it by putting in a little clip in her bangs.



When we left I was pleased. . . until we got home and the clip came out! The stylist cut her bangs SHORT! I was MORTIFIED! My little girl looked like a little BOY! I know I am lucky to have a healthy baby girl and shouldn't let something like a bad haircut bother me. . . but I couldn't help it! I was so sad and felt so stupid for getting her haircut. I was also a little peeved at the woman who cut her hair! Why didn't she just tell us not to get her hair cut? Why did she cut it so short?
Well I was so upset about it I couldn't even take pictures to post on our blog. I only took pictures of the actual haircut. Slowly her hair is starting to grow and look better. I guess if this is the biggest mistake I make as a mother, I will be the best mom in the world!