It was the day before Charlie's baptism, and we were FINALLY going to meet him! The plan was to leave Saturday morning and head over to mom and dads where Matt, Melissa, and Charlie were staying for the weekend. Unfortunately that plan was a little delayed because they got to mom and dad's very late and were not ready for company until later. Another reason the visit was delayed was because we decided to take Madison to the doctor, and it's a good thing we did because she had a full blown ear infection.
We finally got to mom and dad's house around noon, and I was able to get my hands on my new nephew, and give Melissa a congratulatory hug. Matt was golfing with a friend, so I wasn't able to see him until the next day. We spent some time holding Charlie before I got started with his 6 week pictures. I spent quite some time photographing him between meal and cuddle breaks, and before we knew it, it was time for Melissa and Charlie to leave to meet Matt at a friend's house.



The next day we went to Charlie's baptism in East Lansing, then went to mom and dad's house for the party. Towards the end of the party, while Megan was holding Charlie, Madison decided she wanted to take a bit of a closer look. She was trying to get into Madison's lap, so we put her up there and she decided she wanted to take a look and chill out. It was really funny because she doesn't sit in anyone's lap for too long anymore, but she stayed in Megan's lap for a while. I don't know what she was thinking of Charlie, she would kind of glance at him, but almost acted like he was a doll.



It was a nice weekend and it was wonderful to be able to meet little Charlie!