1.1.10

Christmas Morning

Because of the bad weather, we spent Christmas Eve at Penny and Perry's. After Madison opened her gifts from her grandparents and uncle Chad, she drank her bottle, and fell asleep for the evening. Usually she stays asleep and generally sleeps the whole night through. Unfortunately, she must have known the next day was Christmas because she was up A LOT, all night long! I was tempted to go downstairs when Santa came and tell him to take back her presents! Just Kidding. :)

When 6:30 rolled around, Madison was up again, so we got up and went downstairs to see if Santa had left some gifts for Madison under the tree. Santa must have gotten the note we left at our house that told him where we were, because he left presents for Madison!

We had a seat by the Christmas tree, took a few pictures, and opened up Madison's gifts. Penny and Perry got up to watch her open a few gifts before they went down to watch Austin and Kennen open up their gifts. Matt took pictures and did a little videotaping.

It was so wonderful to finally have a little one to share Christmas with. I think I summed it up best with what I wrote in the book we got her for Christmas.

"To Madison on your first Christmas. May all your Christmas' be as magical as you have made this one for us. XOXO Love, Mom & Dad"





Followers