21.11.09

A Hunting We Will Go

We decided to make a weekend out of opening day and headed up north on Saturday, November 14th. I hadn't been to Uncle John's Cider Mill all season, so I insisted that we take the long way to his mom's house and go to Uncle John's for donuts and cider.



Next stop was Blanchard. After we dropped off our stuff at Matt's mom's house and took a quick nap, we went to see Matt's Grandma and Grandpa. They usually bring Grandpa home every Sunday, but since it was hunting weekend, and we were coming up, they brought him home for Saturday and Sunday. Grandma and Grandpa were thrilled to see Madison Rose. Grandpa was really doing well, and even was strong enough to hold her for a bit.








Matt's Aunt Dawn also loved on little Madison.



Matt's mom and step-dad came home around 6:30 and got to see Madison. Matt's brother Chad, sister-in-law Jenny and nephews Austin and Kennen also came over to get their Madison fix.

The next morning Matt got up very early and went out hunting. I got up with Madison around 6:30 and started feeding her. While I was feeding her I heard a few gunshots. A few minutes later, Matt called and he got a deer. It wasn't exactly annything to write home to mom about, but it was a deer and it meant Matt could enjoy some venison which he loves so much!

It was a great weekend spent with the Hubers!

Followers