On November 1, Logan Joseph and Andrew Thomas were born. It was early and a bit scary. There were some minor complications during labor that required an emergancy c-section, and Logan was put the NICU for a while. Andrew was sent home first and then finally after about 10 days, Logan was able to come home and be with his twin and family at last!
Matt, Madison, and I went to the hospital a few days after the twins were born, but were unable to see them. So when they both were home, I couldn't wait to go over and meet my two new nephews.
I'll never forget the first time I saw them both. I came in through the kitchen and Mary Jo was in there getting some bottles ready. She told me I was just in time for feeding time. She grabbed the bottles, then we walked into the living room where Andrew and Logan were propped up in the recliner. They were soooo tiny they literally looked like two little dolls sitting in that chair.
Matt and Madison stayed home and Tim and the boys were gone, so I was able to help feed one of the boys and get lots of cuddle time during my first visit.