I wanted to bring Madison, but it was just too unrealistic for the all the sightseeing and driving we were going to do. Originally, Matt was just going to stay home with Madison, but since he injured his leg, he really couldn't take care of her by himself. Luckily, Matt's mom said she would help take care of Madison for the weekend, so I drove Matt and Madison up to Matt's mom's house Thursday night. It was really hard leaving her, even though I knew she would be well taken care of. I just didn't like the fact that I would be SO far away!
On Friday morning, we left mom's house for Chicago! It was a long drive, especially since we ran into some traffic. (Surprise Surprise!)
I had a great time visiting Matt and Melissa in Chicago and sightseeing! We visited my elementary principal, Sister Myra at the convent, saw Lake Michigan, took Maternity pictures of Matt and Melissa, went to the Lincoln Park Zoo, went to Millennium Park, and walked a bit of the Magnificent Mile.








We headed back home on Sunday. I couldn't WAIT to see Madison who was waiting for me at mom and dad's house. As soon as we drove in the driveway, I RAN inside to give my baby some hugs and kisses. . . and I did miss Matt too. :) Since it was mom's birthday, we had some cake and ice cream to celebrate!

While I was having a great time in Chicago, Madison was having a great time up north with her Huber relatives. She got to spend lots of time with Grandma Penny and Papa Perry. She also got to see Grandpa Sawyer, Grandma Sawyer, Aunt Dawn, Uncle Chad, Aunt Jenny, and her cousins Austin and Kennen. Kennen drove Matt and Madison around in the golf cart. She also got to spend lots of time playing outside! In fact, she had her first ride on a swing!
